1. As a journalist living in Festac town Lagos, I broke the news on Facebook in 2012 how two male undergraduates, Okwumo Nwabufo and Olisaeloka Ezike, that were cousins, lured their Facebook friend to LAGOS. Her name was Cynthia Osokugo. She was a postgraduate student at Keffi and operated a boutique at Keffi called DRESS CODE. She was a daughter of an army general.
2. The young men who were yahoo boys that operated at Festac Town in Lagos posed as importers of shoes and bags and promised to give her large quantity on credit. She came down to buy from them and collect others on credit. The dupers on the Facebook booked a room for her at Room C1 at Cosmilla Hotel, Lake View Estate, Festac Town, July 22, 2012. When she checked into a room, they gave her a Ribena fruit juice to drink. The convicts had drugged Cynthia by putting Rohypnol in her Ribena drink.
3. Because the drug made her dizzy, they took turn to rape her and recorded the nasty act with a laptop. They took her ATM cards and tortured her to release the pin code
4. After which they chained her hands to her back and secured same with a padlock. The deceased’s legs were also chained while her mouth was stuffed with a handkerchief and part of the weave-on that she wore on her head. A tape was thereafter fastened across her mouth to secure the materials stuffed in her mouth in place. The made away with her phones, clothes, shoes and other belongings.
5. The Lagos State Government had on February 8, 2013 arraigned Nwabufo and Ezike on six counts of conspiracy, murder and stealing, contrary to sections 231, 221 and 409 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State 2011.
.6. In a judgment delivered on Thursday, about five years after the crime, Justice Akinlade ruled: “In their attempt to steal Cynthia’s property, they stole her life. They were not even remorseful. But for the efforts of the police and the ministry of justice we wouldn’t have been able to do anything. This court cannot change the law.” Finally, the judge held, “I pronounce the judgment of this court upon you, Okwumo Nwabufo and Olisaeloka Ezike, that both of you be hung by the neck, until you are dead.
7. Please always remember that killers, kidnappers, ritual killers and evil men and women are among your friends on Facebook, whatsapp, Instagram and others. Be very very careful about what you discussed with them and where you meet days. We are in evil and wicked generation.
— Timothy Ofoegbu profile —