El-Rufai reshuffles cabinet, appoints new Perm. Secs
Kaduna State Governor Nasir El-Rufai has effected a cabinet reshuffle. The comprehensive rejig of senior personnel includes the swapping of commissioners, the nomination of new commissioners, the appointment of new permanent secretaries and some retirements.
Announcing the decision during a meeting of the state executive council, the governor thanked all members of the team for the successes the government has recorded so far.
The commissioners swapping portfolios are as follows:
• Amina Dyeris-Sijuwade moves from the Ministry of Justice to the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources
• Dr. Maigari Daniel Manzo moves from the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry to the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism
• Shehu Balarabe moves from the Ministry of Environment to become Commissioner, Stakeholder Relations.
• Mohammed Bashir Saidu, having become the Chief of Staff, relinquishes the office of Commissioner for Local Government .
Rabi Abdulsalam, former Commissioner for Women Affairs and Social Development, becomes Special Adviser on Social Development. Dr. Shehu Usman Adamu, former Commissioner of Commerce, Industry and Tourism, returns to academia.
The Governor has also nominated four commissioners for confirmation by the Kaduna House of Assembly. They are:
• Umma Hikima, Clerk of the House of Assembly, as Commissioner of Justice/Attorney-General
• Professor Kabiru Mato, currently Special Adviser,Intergovernmental Relations, as Commissioner of Agriculture and Forestry
• Hafsat Baba as Commissioner of Women Affairs and Social Development
• Jafaru Sani, Permanent Secretary Cabinet Affairs, as Commissioner for Local Government
Three special advisers have been reassigned. Uba Sani is redesignated as Special Adviser, Political Matters and Intergovernmental Relations. Chris Umar, Deputy Chief of Staff, is to become Solicitor-General, while Murtala Dabo, Special Adviser, Economic Matters, is appointed Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Works, Housing and Transport.
The Government has also announced the appointment of eight new Permanent Secretaries.
The new Permanent Secretaries are:
1. Mohammed Mahmoud Shuaibu: Ministry of Health and Human Services
2. Chris Umar: Ministry of Justice
3. Rabilu Shehu Ibrahim: Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources
4. Joseph Steven: Ministry of Local Government
5. Habiba Anana Shekarau: General Services, Office of the SSG
6. Lawrence Shemang: Ministry of Water Resources
7. Murtala Dabo: Ministry of Works, Housing and Transport
8. Abdullahi Sani: Cabinet Affairs and Special Services, Office of the SSG
Five Permanent Secretaries have been redeployed as follows:
• Hauwa Umar, Ministry of Women and Social Development
• Ibrahim Shehu Jere, Bureau of Establishments, Management and Training
• Ibrahim Sambo, Ministry of Rural and Community Development
• Nuhu Ishaku Buzun, Public Service Office, Office of the Head of Service
• Aishatu K. Mohammed, Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism
The following permanent secretaries have been retired:
1. Esther C. Tsuwang
2. Lukman Musa Soba
3. Victoria Galadima
4. Mamman Garba Senior
5. Mary Musa Sawok
The Governor has, on behalf of the government, expressed appreciation for their services to the state.
Special Assistant to the Governor (Media and Publicity)
21st February 2017