MARRIAGE IS A TEACHER: FOR SINGLES AND MARRIED
(From Timothy Ofoegbu’s Profile)
1) Marriage is for grown persons. If you aren’t willing to grow up in love, it won’t work.
2) Marriage takes lots of forgiveness. Two imperfect people will find a way to do something that irritates, frustrates, angers or hurts the other.
3) Marriage will require you to say “I’m sorry” even when you aren’t wrong. Sometimes you choose peace over being right.
4) Marriage demands that you learn to communicate. You have to talk about the issues with your spouse not your parents and friends.
5) Marriage will teach you how to pray because only God will give the grace to have only one partner forever
6) Marriage will teach you to be patient. No hurry in dinning room and the bedroom
7) Marriage will teach you to abandon selfishness. It simply won’t be your way all the time. There is someone else to consider.
8) Marriage will teach you what unconditional love looks like. Once you see them at their worst, will your love stay on?
9) Marriage will teach you not to sweat the small stuff. Most of it is small stuff.
10) Marriage will teach you that you are powerless to change another person.
11) Marriage will teach you that there are things you need to change about yourself.
12) Marriage will allow you to experience forgiveness. The forgiveness that was so hard to give, you will need at some point.
13) Marriage will teach you to laugh because some of the actions of your partner amaze and amuse you.
14) Marriage will teach you how to build a life with someone who is probably different than you.
15) Marriage will teach you that there is no 50/50. Both folks have to give more to receive less.
16) Marriage will teach you how to receive comfort from the person who made you cry.
17) Marriage will teach you that your spouse should be your friend .
18) Marriage will teach you find joy in small things a small piece of meat from your spouse.
19) Marriage will teach you that sometimes “romantic” is seeing him wash the clothes and cook dinner.
20) Marriage will teach you how to share a bed even you’re very angry and upset.
21) Marriage will teach you to see a person’s heart even when their actions are the opposite .
22) Marriage will teach you life doesn’t have be perfect to be amazing!